DON’T SETTLE FOR METAL!
Benefits of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Tanks vs. Metal Tanks
- No rust or need for painting or reclading
- Heat, stress, conductivity, and climatic conditions not a problem
- Superior corrosion resistance in many applications versus rubber lined and bare metal
- 1/2 the price of stainless steel & 5-10 times the lifespan in some highly corrosive environments
- Lightweight & easy to handle – 2/3 weight of aluminum, 1/4 weight of steel
- Extensive use of FRP by major companies due to resin improvements relative to heat, impact & crack resistance
- More slip resistant than metal
- Design freedom
- Non-conductive – prevents shorting out electrical equipment
- Ignition resistant with brominated materials
- Good insulating material with reasonable thermal expansion properties
- Efficient heat tracing from the bottom of tank using Plasta-Therm®
- Complies with FDA 177.2420
- No flammability concerns or welding hassles
- No trace metal contamination in antiperspirants, shampoos, etc.
- Absorbs equipment vibration with adhesive strength and elongation of resins
Contact KGO Group Ltd. for more information.