Heavy Duty Dispersers and Mixers
Minimal Parts and Maintenance
Equipment that is
"Built to Last"
Dissolving & Wetting Systems
KGO Group offers a complete line of Equipment and Additive Systems for Dissolving, Dispersing, and Wetting Solid Grade Materials to produce slurries and dispersions. Applications include:
- Talcum (Talc)
- Bentonite Clay
- Activated Carbon
Our unique processes include direct to process, transitional and specialty wetting cones and venturi combinations. Systems may consist of high shear dispersing, blending and gentle mixing devices based on reaction time and the energy required to produce the desired results for each application.
Standard Method of Operation
A single tank system with a transitional wetting cone and spray nozzle will provide ample contact and dissolving of dry material in many cases. Our Single and Cascading Tri Cell systems work on the following methodology. Small twenty-five kg (50 lbs) bags, bulk bags or storage silos fill the transitional hopper that may include an agitation device to maintain a free and constant flow and supply of powder. Material flows to a volumetric screw feeder that accurately feeds a transitional wash down cone located at the end of the feeder discharge spout. The material falls gravimetrically to a spray nozzle inside the tank to maintain dust-free wetting. The high shear mixers in the tank(s) provide the energy to keep the material in a slurry form and prevent the agglomeration of undesired lumps and particles.
In the Single-cell unit, the material is wetted and mixed as it gravitates toward the bottom of the tank; a process feed pump at the bottom of the tank feeds product to a process as required. Typically centrifugal pumps with a recirculation loop, Progressive Cavity or Hose pumps are used in these applications.
In the Tri-Cell system, the wetted material flows through a series of cells in a single tank configuration; this extends the contact time to ensure a dispersed product supply to the process.
- Single Cell System – Capacity 1-5 bulk bags/day.
- Tri Cell System – Capacity 5- 30 bulk bags per day.
- The concentration of solutions or slurries ranges between 5 – 40%, product dependant.
- SS Hopper and Volumetric Screw Feeder
- SS Wetted Parts
- Heavy Duty Dispersers and Mixers
- All required Flow and Level Instrumentation
- Wet Scrubbing Vent System
- All welded Tank and Piping Systems
- Allen Bradley PLC and HMI
- Each system supplied with all required documentation, manuals and drawings
- Documented Test Results
- Solids control and Auto Balancing (Tri-Cell System)
- Knife Gate Feeder/Hopper Isolation Valve
- Pump and seal combinations based on process needs
- Additional Tank and Storage Equipment
- Client Specified PLC, Controls and Instrumentation