The Typhoon HydraMix Dry System is used to blend a variety of dry materials and is especially suited for extreme fine or difficult powders to mix, blend, hydrate or disperse. The pressurized motive fluid (water) is supplied to the “Typhoon” housing by means of a tangential inlet and forced through a complex matrix in the “Typhoon” insert. The flow of the motive fluid through the matrix creates a negative pressure zone, which increases the surface area and mixing capability of the process materials. The Typhoon devise is mounted on top of the process/mix tank where the dilution water and powders interface and are driven into the vessel, thus significantly reducing the potential of any fine particles from escaping to the environment, providing a safe working area.
- Superior wetting and mixing performance
- Robust, Stainless Steel construction well suited for harsh and critical environments.
- The full bore clearances (no restrictions) allow large solids entering the inlet tube to pass freely.
- No moving parts, low maintenance
- Typhoon inserts are available in Stainless Steel, Harden Tool Steel or Custom Synthetic Materials.
- A range of Typhoon heads and inserts are available to cover a wide range of applications and flow rates.